View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 05:31 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Like you said this has nothing to do with Brent, however if he is in a position of influence with ebay (something very few people are) It'd be cool if he could address, counterfeits, doctored cards etc... It's a slow day when I don't report a dozen counterfeits being sold as reprints, I've even tried to get Topps involved in protecting their copyrights, but apparently they don't see the secondary market as a large concern (short-sighted at best)

So Brent, what about maybe pitching the idea of an "advisory" group specific to sporting collectibles to the powers that be at Ebay. Not to enact policy, but to make suggestions and be able to explain to Ebay managers who aren't card savvy the many issues (legal as well as "merely" ethical) surrounding so many of the listings? I imagine ebay sees shutting down bad sellers as a loss of revenue, but I maintain that a safe and secure environment could do nothing but improve the revenues in the long run.

See you at the National!
It's about transparency/credibility to me. If, like Brent states, E-Bay is going to work with him, I take that with a grain of salt, or as someone else said, it's just lip service as they currently don't follow or obey even their own rules and guidelines, but in fact reward corrupt/shoddy sellers, (with tons of negative feedback) with rewards/logos such as "Top Rated Plus"

Currently, battlefield has a lot of cards listed on E-Bay with a lot of bids, so if E-Bay wants us to believe they are a stand up company and are forever making improvements for the consumer, they should do something about her rather than just look at all the money she makes for them.

Personally, I see nothing changing, even though Brent may think so (based on what E-Bay told him), with E-Bay's current way of doing business.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARREN-SPAHN...8AAOSwARZXnBtf

Last edited by irv; 08-02-2016 at 05:32 PM.