View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
While this is all very well with regards to shill bidding and bid retractions, I find it hard, considering E-Bay still allows sellers such as Battlefield to continue selling, that anything more and above what we currently have as far as rules and procedures go, will be enhanced?

I know this is not your issue or what you are talking about here, and in no way shape or form is this directed at you, but personally, I really don't see a lot changing with E-Bay unless there is money in it for them?
Like you said this has nothing to do with Brent, however if he is in a position of influence with ebay (something very few people are) It'd be cool if he could address, counterfeits, doctored cards etc... It's a slow day when I don't report a dozen counterfeits being sold as reprints, I've even tried to get Topps involved in protecting their copyrights, but apparently they don't see the secondary market as a large concern (short-sighted at best)

So Brent, what about maybe pitching the idea of an "advisory" group specific to sporting collectibles to the powers that be at Ebay. Not to enact policy, but to make suggestions and be able to explain to Ebay managers who aren't card savvy the many issues (legal as well as "merely" ethical) surrounding so many of the listings? I imagine ebay sees shutting down bad sellers as a loss of revenue, but I maintain that a safe and secure environment could do nothing but improve the revenues in the long run.

See you at the National!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions