View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Default November pickup thread

Posted By: Shawn

Picked up this sheet music "Dream Of Heaven"(1899) with Philip Sousa's baseball team on the back. Funny thing is, I can only find the "Three Strikes Two-Step" as being published in 1902. I think maybe this is an advertisement for the coming issue? Anyway I have copied some info on the team and a reference showing that "Dream Of Heaven" is housed at the National Baseball Library...

"With its popular reputation and good wages, the Sousa Band was able to recruit some of the best musicians around.

For 39 years, this large group toured the country by train. A Sousa Band tour would last for many months, often with several performances each day and only a few days off for travel between cities. The band traveled to every corner of the United States and did several European tours and one world tour. Together they traveled more than 1 million miles, and they still managed to find the time for other fun.

The Sousa band had its own baseball team, and Sousa was often the pitcher. They played against local baseball teams and those of rival bands."

"Dream of Heaven - ? (1899) [NBL]" [NBL] = Included in the Sheet Music Collection at the National Baseball Library located at the Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, NY.

Any clue on value on this one?
Thanks

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]