View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Default Baseball team Maroons photos 1915

Posted By: marshall barkman

Rhys....or whatever your username is. You remind me of like the guy who always states "i don't mean to be rude" and then he goes ahead and is rude. If you don't mean to beat a dead horse then why beat it? I'm not really concerned about your opinion on the photo because anyone that can spell horse understands most minor league team photos fetch between 50 and 200 dollars if they have size to them. What makes a photo great is the aura not just the players. You remind me of like this suedo art guy i know who runs to Askart or Davenport to figure out art values and then stands around dumbfounded when a painting sells for 50,000 when the previous highest listing was 15,000.

I was not disagreeing with Dan on the value. All i said was that he would not have got his bid card up on this particular piece. I'm sure he has paid more than fair market value for items that he wanted as we all do. All antiques are subjective and here is a prime example. A friend of mine bought a Abraham Lincoln signed log-book that came from a ball he attended in DC, also their was over 100 other autographs in the book that consisted of Sam Houston,Dolly Madison and so on. He bought the book at Bonham & Butterfields which is a major auction house in San Fran Ca for 5,500. He held the book for 6 months and then ran it here in Pa at a small auction house called Pa onsite and it brought 33,000 plus 15% buyer premium.

I have never claimed to be a expert on baseball items but i do have enough knowledge to be dangerous if the right items are up for sale.