View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 05:19 PM

Default GT skinny cuts & SII checklist variations

Darren,
I've been following your posts regarding '62T & '62T GT over the years. I appreciate you sharing your insights and discoveries with the crowd. Here's some extra data points for your research.
I agree with your thoughts on the "skinny" cuts coming from the same column on the sheet, makes sense. I have a Dallas Green #111 that I sent to PSA years ago to get graded and it came back "Evid Trim" and they would not grade it. It looks just as thin as your Giegers. I checked all my other GTs and they are fine. Here's their numbers: 110, 12, 16 (2), 21, 22, 26, 29, 36, 39, 47 (3), 50, 67, 70, 74, 76 (2) 83, 90, 92 (with comma). I only have about dozen non-GT from SII and they are all normal with the exception of Hoeft #134 that is slightly oversized top-bottom.
Regarding your sleuthing on Checklist 2 (#98) being part of the SII print run. I agree. Not sure if you've investigated the reasoning behind why there are 3 variations of both checklists that got issued in the SII print runs. With the prominent theory on print runs being Topps did one print run and then shipped the business off to someone else to produce more SII cards (the genesis of the GTs) and that company probably did two different printings. One with the pose variations and one print run without. I imagine that could account for the 3 different print variations of the checklist # 98 and 192. My question is which version of #98 is from the GT sheets? Did you ever find a copy of a SII GT uncut sheet?
Will post some more later.
Scooby