View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
When I said that there are several different sets that are all considered part of the "Blank Back" W575-1 set I am specifically speaking of all the following being grouped together in what amounts to a mass of confusion...
1.) W575-1 (blank backed E121 Series of 80 cards)
2.) W575-1 (blank backed E121 Series of 120 cards)--hard to tell the diff in a scan but the card stock is very different between the 80 & 120 series--obvious in hand, 120 series is much thinner
3.) D383 Koester's Bread
4.) W501 Type 2 (same checklist as regular W501, grainy photos, thin stock, hand cut top and bottom borders--true "strip cards")
6.) Henry Johnson Confectioners (essentially a stamped back version of #1 above)
7.) Henry Keating Candy Co. (again, essentially a stamped version of #1--like Henry Johnson)
8.) Service Candy Co/Henry Johnson Type 2 w/ blue/green back stamps (see #6 & 7)
9.) This "new" series of cards distributed in 4 sets of 20 (once removed from the little envelopes it will be tough to distinguish from #1 above and may just be easier to group those together minus the "dropped" or "exclusive" cards.)
I have many examples in my Elmer Miller collection. Always looking for more. :-)