View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 02:43 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
BOB

I harbor no anger or resentment towards csg? I've mentioned numerous times that i'd give them a try to grade things like t202 end panels, cut up strips from panels, and some other rare oddball things i have that noone else will grade.

You claim to be advocating for folks to give csg a fair shake yet your words sound more like someone advocating for them with an "interest" in their success?

You seem unconvinced of pwcc's "indiscretions" of the past which have been proven ad nauseum.

5. As i mentioned in an earlier post, csg charging a flat fee for grading services removes a bias and potential conflict of interest. In the past, and really still today, a tpg that charges a grading fee based on the value of a card would have a possible incentive to overlook alterations and give cards high numeric grades, thus increasing the card's value, and as a result how much they get paid for grading it. If csg charges a simple flat rate for all cards, that removes an incentive for them to willingly/knowingly give any altered card a higher numeric grade, and thus a higher than deserved value.

I think this is fantastic.

pwcc has gotten many cards past sgc/pwcc/beckett in the past...why would they not be able to do the same with csg?

I harbor no ill will towards csg...but i do towards pwcc. And to some of us...maybe not the masses...but to me there are more important things than "the cards!"
Pete,

I am not advocating for them, and definitely have no interest, ownership, or any other connection with them or anyone working for, or in any way even distantly associated with them, whatsoever. I don't even own a CSG graded card at this point, and am not actively looking to acquire a card graded by them either.

I am also not pointing at you and in any way inferring that you personally are harboring any direct anger or resentment towards CSG either.

And where do you get the impression I am unconvinced about PWCC having committed past "discretions" from? What, because when the word "PWCC" was posted in a thread I didn't immediately align myself with the resident mob mentality and start shouting from the rooftops to crucify them? As you aptly put it, evidence of their past "indiscretions" has been posted and talked about on here and other platforms as nauseum. And that is just it, I have heard and seen all the ranting and raving about it to the point it just becomes nauseating to hear it over, and over , and over again. I was just holding out a bare sliver of hope that maybe, just for once, there could be a thread discussing a not well liked party or occurrence that could go beyond just regurgitating the same old things I've already heard a thousand times or more. Would have been nice to move past the obvious and try to intelligently and positively discuss different elements, such as why CSG would make such a move given the distrust and hate towards PWCC.

Thank you at least for bringing up the one point I made about the flat fee rate hopefully being a positive sign that CSG may be trying to do things right and in a better way than has been done before. The other points I mentioned were possible reasons, circumstances or contributing factors as to why CSG may have made the decision they did, and maybe some mitigating factors as too them not falling into the role of them just being a stooge to card doctors and the like. But apparently no one else really wants to have a serious, intelligent conversation about any of that.

I am fully aware, and had previously stated it, that there are altered cards in all TPG slabs out there. And also that the card doctors are, at least for now, so damn good at what they do that they are always going to be able to sneak some altered cards past ALL the TPGs. So, forgive me for foolishly holding out hope that maybe CSG is different and can do even a slightly better job at detecting and stopping altered cards and fraud in the hobby than the other TPGs before them. At least the unbiased flat grading fees are a start. And also forgive me for trying to view the hobby in a more positive light, and waiting till there is actual evidence and results to review before deciding to put down and bash someone else in the hobby for something they haven't even done yet.