View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 07:48 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

PM sent. The catalog list that I have is dated August 1940. The one Ben had (has?) notes that it is a "Supplement to List of August, 1940" at the top. Both of these lists are of Major League players (American and National Leagues), though if your guy played in the minors and went on to play in the majors, he likely would have kept the same catalog identification number in Burke's archive. I also have a kind of running compilation of catalog numbers not represented in these catalogs that I have accumulated over time, if you would like me to take a look. The highest ID number I have recorded is Herman Besse at 6054, but I do not know if that is the end of the catalog. Burke did have separate catalog lists for "old time" (pre-1929) players, players in civvies, and minor league players, but I have never run across any of these, and only have numbers from these based on the scattered physical prints I have run across (if anyone has one of these other catalogs, or has scans of one available, please let me know).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Other Burke Catalogs.jpg (75.7 KB, 287 views)

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 09-03-2016 at 07:53 AM.