View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 04:28 PM
jdunevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorsince62 View Post
Great scorecard. I was going through my own Cardinal scorecards earlier this year, doing the research on each game, and discovered I also had the Dizzy Dean debut game. After such a great first effort, I was surprised to see he didn't pitch again in the majors until 1932. Always nice to find a fellow Cardinal scorecard collector. I'm complete back through '26. The older ones before that are just impossible. I'll keep an eye out for a '34. Mine from that year is a 17-3 shellacking of the Cubs. I just picked up a nice companion piece for one of my scorecards from May '58. It was an original wire photo from the recent Yee auction showing Musial in the clubhouse after the game, heading to Chicago with 2,998 hits.
Hi, I had the exact same thoughts (confusion) on why Dean didn't pitch in the majors in '31. I can only assume they felt he needed more seasoning, even though he went 26-10 with a 1.57 ERA in the minors that year.

And yes, any Cards scorecards before 1928 or tough. I was stunned when I I found (and won) a 1916 - so old it was still at Robison Field. I also got lucky on a 1921 that was bundled with other teams in an auction and barely mentioned. If you'd care to see my collection, see my link in my signature and go to the scorecards page.

Finally, appreciate any help on the '34! I'll keep you in mind if I encounter any I think you may be interested in.