View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 07:00 PM

Steve, lots to respond to. That’s exactly how I got into my t206 tinker and Evers back runs. I picked up a tinker Uzit (SGC 84 SGC and happy its in an SGC flip), and figured I had the hard one knocked out. A year later I can’t even find anyone to let me totally overpay for an AB 460, and the SC 350, 25 was a total beast. With Evers, I took down a red Hindu and BL 350 in the same week and said heck, that’s a good start. Now I have everything but the Drum and the BL 460, neither of which I will ever get (or no time soon).

Meanwhile, I have 100% overpaid for tinker and Evers cards in pursuit of the backruns. And it sucks, bc I am sitting on a few cards worth $3k that I paid $5k for (for example, and I have done worse), and I can’t even finish the damn runs, which would at least make it worth it. And Wagner crushes Tinker and Evers, meaning the overpays get worse. The good news is I have been through this and I know now that no card is that important and any complete back run is unlikely- so hopefully I will bid/buy more prudently, but your point is very well taken!