Thread: Spousal Support
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:31 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I have posted before about this, but my wife is very supportive.

We are considered low income by the government standards, but I know how to make the money stretch by staying out of debt (no credit cards or car loans) and having a few savings accounts. Yet every once in a while if we need money I sell a card instead of stocks. I did that after the birth of our second child in December. I sold an Old Judge King Kelly card that I really enjoyed and had gotten a good deal on with another Old Judge card thrown in. I recently did our taxes and after telling my wife what the refund was, the first thing she said was "Hey you could try and buy your Kelly card back".

I didn't even try and won't, but the fact that she thought of that before anything else just shows her support.

She always tries to learn more about the cards as well. She has gave me wall space for displaying. Also she has suggested we get a larger place so I can have an entire baseball display room.

She is a collector at heart though as well. She collects batman items (so do I, but her collection was larger than mine prior to the marriage).

We just got the shocker of our life yesterday finding out that she is pregnant again. That will make the two youngest 13months apart. That will also make the Oldest and the Youngest 28months apart. So I may be selling off most of my collection... since we seem to be collecting children. haha. The funny thing is, I would have to convince my wife that selling is the best thing to do, not the other way around.