View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:16 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I actually understand what you are trying to say, I think. It is true on limited audience cards that taking one bidder out can drastically change the ending price in auction. I live it every day.

"There are 2 collectors of something, I am one of them. I win it in auction as I couldn't live without it, after a lengthy and fierce battle. I go to sell it in the next few years (maybe ever, actually). Problem."
right vintage card collectors aren't growing on trees....I just saw an auction where last week I would of bid for sure on 1952 topps psa 7s low numbers..bidding ended at 130 for all 3 cards....last week I bid for sure..and it goes up to 150...maybe whoever bid 130 would of also bid on it more and it goes higher...point is if I were to sell those cards at whatever I won them for.....they sell for 130 if no new bidders on the scene ..or maybe one bidding slot higher that I paid for them...and I eat the premium....

that's why people are usually disappointed when re-selling common cards within a few years ...theres no clone bidders of them.....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 12-12-2014 at 03:17 PM.