View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 12:12 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post
Agree with you and Snapolit1. To me it truly a collector's card. You don't get the thrill you would with a nice Goudey but it's a better looking card IMO (even though 3 of the 33 Goudey's are gorgeous). That being said I've noticed the price of these cards plummeting on eBay (seeing low-mid grade at $100-$200) and I still can't pull the trigger.
I should've pulled the trigger towards the end of last year. There were some SGC Sanella Ruths in the $75-90 range. I'd be content grabbing a SGC 20-30 Sanella Ruth for under $100. I'd pull the trigger then. Struggling right now because I'm in no-man's-land funds wise - close enough to some larger targets where I should stay patient, but enough where I could knock out a few targets, large and small. It's a struggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Three good reasons.

As to #2, if you are interested in a nice Leaf Max Schmelling card shoot me a pm. It's a beautiful card and not expensive. Have tried to sell for a while with a nice Joe Louis card and haven't gotten any takers.
Schmelling is the main reason I'm not going to save a bit more for a 1932 Bulgaria Ruth. I'm not a Boxing fan. Otherwise, I'd be all over the 1932 Bulgaria Ruth because it says, "Ohio" on the back.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame