View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoh View Post
Hi Jason, hope to see you at a show again someday.
I think the first Super Bowl was considered too much of an 'exhibition' than it was soon being thought of. That is why the game attendance was so small. The vendors didn't jump on board in time, clearly. After the game, it became clear how important an event it was and by the next year it was obviously going to become a yearly contest and with obvious importance. By then, the vendors were going full force. Before the first game I think very few understood how important it was going to become.
I know this is the prevailing thought, but there are so many ridiculous pennants for almost any event you can think of. You'd have to believe there would at least one boot leg vendor would be trying to make some money. Especially with the Packers playing. Los Angeles was a good market for collectibles and I just find it strange that we don't see more pennants. There were 60,000 people at the game or at least that is the reported attendance. It must be though, as you don't really see much else for trinkets either. I just have a hard time believing they would miss a chance to make a buck.