View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 04:07 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by skil55voy View Post
They are 1962 Post Cereal Canadian. Unlike the US version they would have blue borders instead of black ones. The borders are thicker than the US version. The perforated ones do not have blue borders. They were inserted INSIDE Sugar Crisp boxes. They were wrapped in plastic. The buyer did not have the luxury of looking at the back of the box to see which cards were there. The perforated cards are akin to the company sheets offered as a mail-in in 1961. The 61 company sheets were perforated with no borders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
And there are quite a few that would only get authentic, like the Kluzeswki, O'Toole, Pascual, Willie Davis, etc. Those cards are trimmed through the dashed borders and would not get number grades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skil55voy View Post
Yes, while I said no borders on the perforated cards, they did have a thin blue dotted line in which to cut where there was no perforation. I have a full sheet. If there is any interest I can scan and post.
Great info, guys, thanks.

In the link I posted, it mentioned "Blue lines around stats" on the Joey Jay card. Am I thinking correctly that that is the area on the bottom that is obviously around the stats or are they referring to the blue borders?

That would be great if you could post up a scan, Micheal. I would like to see that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
Irv if I had one of my Dad's sets I would finish it leave them in pages and enjoy it until you passed it your children! Just my thought.
I was actually thinking about sending some of these in for grading as I have never done that before, but with this new info, and the fact they are not likely worth as much as I was thinking, I will likely just sell them if anyone is interested?

In my FlickR link below, among all the other 52 Topps cards, are 148 my Father gave me many years ago. I have been trying, (although it's highly unlikely I'll ever finish it), to add to it as much as possible in hopes to show him someday what a completed, or almost completed set looks like.
That is my main focus and where 99% of my play money currently goes so completing this Post set, at this time, is out of the question.

If and when I ever get close to completing this 52 Topps set, and like my Father did for me, and if things don't change, I will hopefully be passing these cards onto my son.