View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Jonathan

Default NEW Vintage Baseball Equipment and Memorabilia Book...MUST SEE!

Net54 Board Members,

Just wanted to take a moment to make you aware of the brand new book that I recently completed on the subject of vintage baseball equipment and memorabilia….Dugout Treasures, Collecting Crossroads.

http://www.dugouttreasures.com/book.cfm

The work focusses on the collection that my family and I have spent the better part of the last 25 years accumulating, and the many ways in which it has evolved over time. The tale is told thru the items themselves and describes many of the stories behind the “old fashioned” way in which we acquired our holdings…antique shows, yard sales, flea markets, etc. It really hits home with anybody out there that still remembers the ol’ days! Moreover, it is a story of family and how the National Pastime, the love of history and the drive to pursue baseball antiquity has created a lifetime’s worth of memories.

Two gifted photographers collaborated on the work that includes over 150 full color pages containing in excess of 250 artfully composed images. More than 300 items from the collection grace the pages of this stunning coffee table style book, but rather than continue to tout the book myself (which I have no problem doing ), here is what two cornerstone collectors of vintage baseball equipment had to day about it…

“Any collector will tell you that their collection evolves as time passes – they find new avenues to explore to keep that spark alive. Here in the Popovich's second book, the transformation of a collection takes place in front of your eyes. Captured in stunning photographs by Tony Dube and Scott Lomenzo, the reader is transported into a world class vintage baseball collection that spans many eras and different collecting genres. Being a collector, you'll enjoy the new additions and stories that accompany them, in essence, because the captivating dialogue will resonate with your own experiences. There is a vast variety of high quality, top condition items that will cause you to drool with envy and invigorate one to embark on “treasure hunts” looking for new additions to one's collection. The family element that runs throughout the book is a highlight and heartwarming to readers. Having had the pleasure of meeting Jonathan and his family at the National, I can honestly relate the utter joy they experienced finding new treasures and making new friends. Although the book may showcase some great vintage items, it also deftly shows the reader that collecting is not just about the “goods”, it's about family and friendship too. I'm honored to call Jonathan my friend and highly recommend adding this book to your library."

— Brett Lowman
Play OK Antiques; Baseball Glove Forum

“I love books, especially baseball books and I love this book. It’s so cool to read about and look at stuff you’re passionate about. Well Jonathan satisfied my hunger again with another brilliant book entitled Dugout Treasures, Collecting Crossroads, where he continues his collecting journey by telling the story of how his family collection has evolved, no changed, in a very short time. His collection literally got more focused and made a sharp turn since his first book. The many new acquisitions and images are stunning. He explores and addresses the inevitable question common to all of us collectors. Why do our tastes or interests change over time? His timing is perfect as our hobby goes through another transition. Dugout Treasures, Collecting Crossroads is an asset to our hobby and should be in the library of every collector."

— Jim Daniel
www.baseballglovecollector.com

I invite you to come and check out our website (www.dugouttreasures.com) where you will be able to view a preview of the book and contact me directly with any questions you might have prior to placing an order. This book would make a perfect holiday gift for anybody passionate about baseball, baseball history, and collecting…it would be perfect for you!

Here is that link directly to the book… http://www.dugouttreasures.com/book.cfm

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Popovich
www.dugouttreasures.com