View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 10:11 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

IMO the topic AH have made obvious mistakes in some of they're GU assessments whether on purpose or not-I"ll give them the benefit of doubt that it is a mistake. After all it is just a opinion letter. I believe they are on the belief that they are "thee" standard in the industry and by this only deems them the final say. Collectors are doing they're own research and seeing the discrepancies of what they publish. The scientific lengthy jargon gives the appearance of thorough research. For example the response post to the Magic Johnson jersey with a A10 grading, the poster specifically outlined techniques used to render that this piece is authentic and deserving of the grade. He used a pic that was blurry at best-again i will give him the benefit of doubt due to perhaps hastily posting a retort. Yet, IMO, for a AH that deems itself the leader of grading GU jerseys and its claims to utilize and have access to the best resources (ie/high quality photos) - why did he source a pic that was obviously NOT what he claims it was? Collectors are more savvy these days and do scour the internet to seek out what they seek. From this mistake, one could come to conclude that he had hopes to make it believable that it is indeed authentic. Seriously it doesn't even come close. I hope people do research what they spend they're hard earned money on and not acquire pieces based solely on reputation. Again I would stress that these questions need to be asked, especially from sources that are there to make a profit. This, I believe, is a topic that needs to be addressed to the industry as a whole-but it is the pink elephant in the room that no one wants to discuss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg troy.jpg (66.4 KB, 379 views)
File Type: jpg 0001.jpg (79.9 KB, 381 views)

Last edited by mickeymao34; 03-21-2016 at 10:31 PM.