View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Chuck Tapia

agree with other on the Steiner pieces. They are usually rock solid for authentication, but people are crazy for authentications. I see the value this way if I like the item and I was bidding. Single signed balls are usually more desirable. The type of ball would make a big difference. Some Steiner balls from these guys were on Leonard Coleman NL balls. Those balls are EXTREMELY RARE to find in Mint condition. Something with the water that was used to produce them but they usually tone like a bitch. Probably not a Bobby Brown NL ball, so that leaves a Bud Selig Special. It also depends on actual photos of the ball and autos and when it was graded. If it's a selig ball, there is a good chance of the autograph fading especially if displayed.

So, Assuming a Selig ball and the ball is STILL a "10". I would look at it like this for current value.... Aaron 85.00+Ryan 45.00+ Rose 35.00 (Rose signs everyday in Vegas for 100.00+ and his PSA Auto's are everywhere) add 10% for the inscriptions= 181.00. -25% for Multi signed=145.00. Add 50.00 for the extra PSA cert (would not even think of paying for the JSA too as the PSA LOA can be used for grading and the JSA is nothing more than a feel good item to throw in.) $195.00. a 40-75% Premium for GEM MINT and a 2/20 you might have a $300.00 item, maybe more if it's a Coleman NL. Personally, I would want to pay about $150.00 for it, if I was buying anymore, but because the sickening fraud going on, I have quit. I hope that helps.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-02-2011 at 08:46 AM.