View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet, I may be wrong here but let's here opinions??

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Daniel,

Yes, whining.

There was a legitimate issue that was brought up regarding the disclosure (or lack thereof) of a particular auction. That is not whining. The discussion that ensued about how much or how little disclosure is appropriate is also not whining. The posts by those who found Pete's answers to have less disclosure than they would have liked are also not whining. No, all of those directly deal with the issue at hand and just because someone voices their discontent it does not automatically mean they are whining.

But people whine on this board all the time only they would never consider it whining because they feel justified about what they're whining about. The more righteously indignant one is the less likely they are to consider what they're doing as whining.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular and I do not exclude myself from this group, by the way.

It's all so deliciously ironic that I've gotten several laughs out this thread, unexpectedly. It's usually only the political threads that make me laugh. But you, Daniel, whining about my post where I agree with Pete's comment about whining on the board, well that's just classic. And now to top it off, here I am whining about you whining! Too much fun!!!

The only thing that's funner is when one of a few select board members posts and I picture them saying "How dare you, sir!" when they whine about something and then take their glove off their hand and slap their computer screen with it, bringing them great satisfaction.

Sadly, Daniel, I don't know what you look like so I was deprived of this simple pleasure during your post.

-Ryan

P.S. In my opinion the issue of disclosure is easily resolved by having huge scans of each lot. Huge scans of EVERY card. Sure, it's more work, but so what? Why isn't it reasonable to have large scans that make even small flaws visible and let the bidders decide for themselves what the condition is?