View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Jay Cee

Freeing up funds sounds very plausible as interests change. I won a 52 Pavko from Prestine a couple of months ago which was perfectly centered and looked great. SGC brutally graded it at the National with a 30 or 35 because of a faint hair line crease on it, which I didn't see. Such a bad SGC expierence I had on it I just wanted to get rid of it. Walked it over to PWCC and consigned it where it got hammered even harder selling for a third of what I paid for it. This was after PWCC forgot to run it on their main auction and they claimed it was so nice they didn't want to group it with all the other Pavko's they ran. So, they ran it a month later saying it would stick out more...

Now as far as running a business model from doing the auction shuffle seems very reasonable. The key is to have years of expierence knowing cards and have the funds to sit on it awhile until the right buyer wants it. If you have a large enough inventory, then you will most likely do good and make it work. There is a long time collector which I don't want to name but we all know and love him. He practices this! My only hint to who this is.... He likes beer!

Last edited by BeanTown; 11-04-2016 at 10:14 AM.