View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Here is another problem with the "buyer" or "non-dealer" thinking. They want what they want, when they want at flea market or straight auction price. As someone who sells on eBay, I am constantly looking for high quality items at a lower than expected price that I think I can make money on. I am not shopping for exact items like most buyers do. Sellers often get emails from buyers stating, "I just saw a similar item for $". My response is why didn't you buy it then. Buyers also don't always take condition in to account for memorabilia. They want NRMt items for Vg or Ex price. They also want to want to take credit for all the searching, finding, knowledge, and connections that sellers have made for years and not allow a seller to profit from that work or knowledge.

I would also like to comment on someone's previous assertion that eBay is a place to find deals. eBay marketing would definitely disagree with you. eBay markets itself as an online shopping marketplace. They want to encourage shoppers to come on there for their birthday purchase for their father or an item they cannot find somewhere else. I sell a lot of items to people buying gifts for someone else that are absolutely elated to find the item that their special person has always talked about, etc. That is the customer eBay wants, not a bunch of collectors like us.

I have said this before many times, if you don't like what someone has or what it's priced, strike up a conversation with them and ask for a lower price. If they don't want to sell it for that price just move on. Jason