View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by runscott View Post
super-old topic, but i'll play: If you were buying cards on ebay ten years ago, i'm sure you remember the great straight auctions, especially when collections or finds were auctioned off at the same time. We would hang out in chat and talk about them. Very exciting stuff.

Ebay purposely changed all that, so now you have high-priced bin's.

So here is some wisdom for you: Not all ebay buyers are as smart as you. And even the smart ones now feel that all bin cards are probably overpriced - sure, they could look up values, but it's now more of a psychological thing. If i price all of my cards at a price that will earn me five cents profit - guess what? They won't sell for the asking price (or they rarely will). I'll get low-balled by a certain percentage on every one of them. The take-home message is that buyers aren't looking for a fair deal - they are looking for a steal. So to play the game, sellers overprice their cards, buyers then respond with a discounted offer, and the cards sell.

No, sellers aren't looking for a "rube" - they are looking to stay in business. If i showed you my accounting for this year you would stop whining.
+100