View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Some Dealers are just in love of the hobby.....when they cant deal a card and say 'ill just keep it' that really means they dont want to sell at market price....or even a price where someone will actually buy it....they can do whatever with their cards but a lot of dealers are really well off and just sell for fun and if they make money even better

when the housing market crashed it was funny to hear 'i cant sell my house' they would say that meaning noone wanted to pay the seller price...but obviosuly was we know the market price went very low so they really should of said 'i can't sell my house at my price'

same with cards...dealers can ask what they want ..and again that allows the non-dealers to move some cards at a decent profit because many of the apparently 'available' cards on ebay or not really available..so im all for cards being listed at 5x value..
Is this all theory, or do you actually know wealthy dealers who put things up for sale that they don't actually want to sell? Does this theory only apply to areas where you assume the wealthy are simply flaunting their wealth, or does it apply to all supposed retail businesses (who are all really just wealthy 'collectors')? e.g: car dealers, mobile home sellers, basically all the businesses you walk by on main street?

I'm just curious. You've separated out "dealers" from "non-dealers", with "dealers" being people who don't actually have any interest in selling anything. The only ones who want to sell are "non-dealers"