View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 07:40 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE......Possible sources of the T206 Wagner cards (Re-visited)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I've never really tried to find out how many of the SC Wagners are factory 30. Just a quick google search found at least two, and a couple SC25s.

The split between factory 30 and 25 and where each was discovered would be really interesting, as the distribution you talk about sounds right.
If there are a lot of 25s coming from long Island or New England, that would be a big point for someone taking sheets or cards home with them.
I think factory 25 must have had some distribution in that area though, when I started being interested, piedmonts were of course common, and made up the bulk of the collections that came in to the local dealer.

Steve

My theory regarding the distribution is based on several original "finds" that I have been fortunate to acquire, and other "finds" that I was told of by collectors/dealers in the country.
Two of my major PIEDMONT (Factory #25) finds were from South Carolina and Georgia. And, a significant SOVEREIGN (Factory #25) find was from Erie, Pennsylvania.

It would be nice to know the Factory (#25 or #30) breakdown of all the known T206 Wagner cards; and, see how that relates to their place of origin.

TED Z