View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 01:18 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
I'm still a consignor.

I had a bunch of PSA graded 1940 Play Ball cards and, because of the scandal, I decided to sell the majority myself. I still sent a handful to PWCC (mostly doubles) which ended yesterday.

I'll tell you, the PWCC cards did significantly better than the ones I decided to sell on my own. Not only that, but one of the copies I sold was returned because the buyer didn't like the style of PSA holder (seriously). I regret going through the effort and putting in the time to sell these myself just to deal with idiots on ebay and get less for my efforts.

I'll keep trying to move away from PWCC, but it's difficult to justify the amount of work to sell things yourself. It's significantly more work for less pay.
It’s true... they get so many more sets of eyes than any individual collector/seller could ever hope to reach. That’s why it would take a really concerted boycott effort for them to even feel anything. It would require a prioritization of ethics over money.

But because of the money motivator, this will likely never happen. That’s why the FBI investigation is so critical. I fear that they are the only entity that can put a stop to this deception.