View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 03:29 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I think his free review service could be very valuable to the people affected by the PSA/SGC alteration scandal. Since he is offering to do the review for free, and will not sticker the cards unless he agrees they are unaltered and nice for the grade, it could be ammunition for people who would like to have someone pre-review their card for a return under the PSA (or former SGC) grade guarantee. If he then charges a small fee for writing down the alterations he detects with the cards, that could be shown to PSA or SGC with the intent of getting reimbursed for the current market value of an unaltered card in the same grade.

So for those cards that are on the same submission lists with known altered cards, this would be a solid help for them, IMO.

I have posted in the past that the label is not my cup of tea, and it's been pretty well established that PWCC's stickers were not given in the unbiased fashion they claim. That doesn't mean that Greg's Purple stickers will fall into the same trap. I haven't met hardly any of you (save the 10 or so at the Dallas Card Show in April and 1880s a couple of years ago), but the picture of Greg makes him look much younger than I guessed he was.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.