Thread: ESPN Top 100
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 03:33 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I would rank Williams in the top 5. I don't disagree with you at all about him. Our only disagreement is on Trout and my point there is that, in the first decade of his career, pretty much from the start (and yes, he was injured most of last year), he's been easily the best player in baseball and you'll be hard pressed to find many who would disagree. 3 MVPs and 4 2nds attest to that. Not many guys can make that claim about a decade.
...and to that point....and as I stated....there was a definite lull in talent from 2010 to 2019. How many hitters from that time frame are in the Top 100?

I know Harper.

Pujols and Cabrera were already on their downswings by then. Trout is a very good player, but way over-hyped, and benefited from lack of other Top players when he was playing. I mean he's beating Cano, Brantley, Donaldson, Nelson Cruz out for the MVP, c'mon.

And if you say Betts & Altuve.....I'll say ok, I'd probably take both over Trout......I like their jewelry too.

Trout ain't Top 30 all time, sorry. And looking again at the list not probably not Top 40.

So answer the question. Is he too high (or low) ranked at 15? Where would you put him?

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 02-10-2022 at 03:44 PM.