View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Default Baseball Stadiums

Posted By: jay behrens

prior to all the new construction I had been to every park in existance since about 1975. Of the new parks, the ones I still need to see are in Seattle, Cincinnati, Detriot, Pittsburg and Atlanta.

Of the classic statdiums, Wrigley is the temple of baseball. Nothing beats sitting with bleacher bums on a sunny afternoon. Fenway is also a great park.

Of the new stadiums, PacBell in San Francisco wins hands down and is my second favorite behind Wrigley. Even up in the third deck, you feel like you ar eright on top of the action and the 'knothole' area is the neatest feature of park out there and offers you a nice view of the game.

For those of you who don't know what the 'knothole' is, it's the area behind the right field wall where you can watch the game for free. For most you games, you can watch the whole game from there. If there is a line, then rotate the people out every 3 innings. The only games they didn't do this for was when Bonds was chasing the record and once you were in, you stayed. So people were camping out to be able see the game from there.

Camdem is also very nice.

Jay