View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default Baseball Stadiums

Posted By: runscott

I worked for the airlines for a while, so was able to travel to a lot of them. When they began building the new ones at such an incredible pace I gave up.

Cleveland Municipal - we sat in the left-field bleachers and it was a blast. It was such a huge stadium that it was mind-boggling. Also, Cleveland was lots of fun, surprisingly.

Chicago Old Comiskey - awesome. They retired Harold Baines' number the day we were there, and showed a film of the other famous White Sox, including Jackson - all the White Sox players who were warming up stopped and watched it - goosebumps. The place was so old and crooked that you felt it might collapse around you any minute.

Wrigley Field - First time there Dawson hit for the cycle. Great place to see a ballgame. Day games there are difficult to beat for a ballpark experience.

Fenway Park - my favorite. You have to get there early and have a sausage and pepper sandwhich outside the stadium. Ideal: ride the train to the park when the Yankees are in town!

The Astrodome - I liked it, what can I say? The burgers were great.

Arlington Stadium - huge outfield seating with guaranteed fights at every game.

Old Candlestick - nice-looking stadium, but I froze my butt off and never returned.

Dodger stadium - very pleasant. Always sat in the upper deck and ate Dodger dogs.

Shea - very enjoyable and colorful stadium.

Kansas City - not bad, not particularly memorable.

The worst of the bunch: Old Three Rivers, old Philadelphia, old Atlanta Fulton County.

I've only made it to a few of the new stadiums (Coors Field, Turner Field, Texas, new Comiskey) - I liked Texas the best, but I don't particularly care for any of them.

Some I have regretfully missed: old Milwaukee County Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Old Tiger Stadium, old Camden, new Houston.