View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Total stoke on getting a whale. Feels really good to get something you've wanted for a long time. Congratulations. Seriously, that Ohtani was going for 10 grand at one time?
Thank you!

Yeah, the things people will pay $$$ for! When the set first came out, I saw some completed auctions on ebay for 10k, but to be honest when I opened my pack the cards were going in the 4-6,000 range, and then they went down to $1,5-2,000 or so after he got hurt. Asian market is helping this here, I am absolutely sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
That's an awesome Thompson Seth. I was watching that one because it has the BE Thompson back. I'm sure you know more than me about the set, what would you say the rarity of that back is?

AndyH
Andy, the Thompson back only appears on Thompsons as far as I know. Check out Mike Peich's excellent website on this:

https://t209-contentnea.com/t209-con...-photo-series/

About half way down, you'll see his discussion of these. There are actually quite a few variations of the Thompson back but all appear on Thompson's card. If I had to guess, I would say there are probably 20 or so Thompsons in existence? Maybe someone knows that better than me!

Last edited by sgbernard; 08-12-2018 at 04:00 PM.