View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Default Franco Mondi - seller reputation question

Posted By: Jason Smith

Well, I wrote the man back and let him know the deal's a no go and that he could check out this page if he wants to defend himself. Hope that was ok...

By the way, what happened with me was on ebay. He allegedly had a bunch of t206 cards on ebay buy it now for $2000, a bit under market value, of course. You had to get approved to bid on it so I emailed to get the approval. Then no one ever wrote me back to let me know I was approved and then the auction ended early because "a mistake was made in its listing". Then I get the email that he would like to sell me the item anyway. Red flag after red flag, but when you want something bad enough you let a couple of things slide. But the France part had me reeling - almost laughing at how ridiculous the whole thing was. Anyway, I just wanted to let anyone else know just in case there were more people out there. Probably the one who's going to get scammed by this sort of thing doesn't even know about boards like this.

Another strange thing is that he just changed his ebay name.
Jason

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26362&item=5118232534&rd=1
User ID Effective Date End Date
sssutton Aug-24-04 Present
miranda2joy Sep-19-99 Aug-24-04