Thread: Jeter Ball
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 09:19 PM

Shelly,

I frequent many of the card/memorabilia sites and when I found this one I liked the autograph section for the various posts and opinions. The other sites are great for TTM addresses, success rates, etc. When I saw other posts asking opinions on autographs I signed up and jumped right in.

I have no interest in authentification of autographs or selling any items in my collection. My thoughts on authentification are that it is just someone's opinion just like the replies I received from my post. My personal opinion on the Jeter ball was that it is authentic. I base this on the other items in the box when I received it. Besides the Jeter ball there was a Gaylord Perry ball, the stamped 66 Mets ball, a Jackie Robinson commerative issue ball, and a baseball card signed by one of the ladies of baseball ("A League of Our Own" type). The stuff looked like it belonged to a casual collector/fan, not a forger. That being said, yes it is possible this person purchased a fake item, who knows? It did have a certificate issued by some agency but what does that really mean? I would be curious to see if an item I personally witnessed being signed would pass an authentification test or pass for real by members of the forum.

I hope to become active on this forum, the members seem very knowledgable and willing to help.

Thanks,

Nick