View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 01:15 PM
Rick Clemens

Ebay has become a terrible venue for sellers across all categories, not just vintage baseball . The categories have been destroyed and ebay is basically a word search site. Sellers are treated poorly unless you are a giant seller then even shill bidding and dishonest behavior is winked at. Buyers have all the rights and the seller has none. Buyers are allowed to remove their bid on an auction. WOW.
Negative feedback is permitted by buyers only. I typically offer 14 day returns which is plenty of time to determine whether someone wants the item. Ebay gives them an additional 14 days to ship the item back making the 14 days really 28 . None of that means anything as ebay has a 30 day return policy that includes free return shipping ebay forces the seller to pay even if your item states buyer pays for return shipping. In addition to ebays 30 day free pass allows the buyer an additional 30 days to return the item . All the buyer has to do is hit the right button claiming inaccurate website description. Big dealers may list 100's of items at inflated prices. Most people just bypass ebay and go to the big dealers website whether that seller is Clean Sweep, Tony E Trade or others. I sell legacy parts for businesses I am in a few baseball items and various odd stuff. The baseball items never get returned. Legacy parts never get returned. My spring cleaning stuff like old anything that works fine like electronic equipment or a designer scarf or shoes from my wife is all subjected to unfair buyers whose remorse returns are forced on sellers and the policy does not cost ebay 1 penny. All this and I offer returns . I can imagine the sellers not offering returns how mad they must be when ebay overrides their policy