View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zljones View Post
For me it depends, I give buyers 5 days to pay, and if they need more time than that I expect communication. If it goes beyond the 5 days I send a friendly reminder, and some pay right after that because they plain forgot to pay, then when I have someone not respond I open a dispute. Last time I had a buyer not pay and not respond I called up Ebay and reported the buyer, because I noticed in his feedback that he had done this to other sellers over time. Since you can't leave negative feedback, this guy was getting away with it, Ebay acted and got his buying prevledges revoked.
I handle it basically the same way you mentioned. The problem becomes when the buyer doesn't respond to communication. Had several do that recently. I have one that won an auction and emailed asking to pay on a certain date which I agreed to and then that date came and went and now they don't respond to e-mail. Opening a case on them tomorrow. My feeling is don't ask for special treatment and then not live up to their end of the deal. Kind of annoying.