Thread: .
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 09:44 PM
Joe M.

I collected a little in the 1950's, but enjoyed playing rather than collecting.
I know I had the bread labels from the ends of bread loafs, but never found them again.

In the 1970's a friend from work showed me a copy of SCD. That peaked my interest. I started to collecting again, amassed a great collection in my opinion in the following years. Bought the 1964 standup complete set for $15.00. I had complete sets that included 1967 thru 1995. I had over 150 Baseball & football bobbers. Complete set of original Hartland Baseball statue, plus many football including the Black face which are very rare.
I bought an original Hillerich & Bradsby bat rack at an antique show for $65.00Sold it for $1000.00 and saw the same bat rack in an auction a few months later for a reserve of $10,000. . Whoops!!!.

When I moved to Las Vegas in 1996 I sold most of the collection that is listed above.

I could go on and on, because those years were great for deals, but that's all folks. Something to say about the good old days.

PS, My collection consisted of mostly Detroit Tiger items, but had a lot of different stuff. Ty Cobb is the man.
Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13