View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 04:48 PM
Jamie

Hello Everyone...

It has been 3 years since I have been able to update this thread...

I have a very exciting and somewhat historic announcement...

After years and years of searching... and thanks to another Board member I have finally secured the T214 Victory Red Cobb! This was the last Cobb needed to complete the entire Tobacco run of Red Cobbs!
All 30 of 30 possible now reside in the same collection..

To date I believe this is the first time these Cobbs have ever been assembled in the same collection. I also believe at 30 different backs, this is the largest backrun ever put together.

It has been a 9 Year Journey starting back in 2011 with the Cobb Drum... Plugging away over the next few years I was able to acquire more Cobbs.. ones that I thought I never would find... the Red Hindu, the
Broad Leaf 460, the T213 Type 3 Overprint... the final 2 ended up being the Cobb Back, and the Victory.. I was drawn to the allure of the Lucky 7 find, and was thrilled when another collector helped me secure
one of the Lucky 7 (in my humble opinion the nicest 2.5 of the bunch).. that was roughly 3 years ago.... from then until now... high and low I searched for a T214 Victory... I believe there are only 2 confirmed
examples.. (I was told the PSA 2 listed on the pop report was crossed to one of the SGC 2s)... Very excited to add this to my collection.. it was my white whale... and now what seemed impossible 9 years ago..
has finally been realized today...

Some fun stats about the different backs... the T213 type 3 overprint is the only 1 of 1 left (after the discovery of the 2nd BL460).... there are only 2 BL460s, 4 Drums, 2 Victorys.. 2 blank backs.. the Sov 460
is incredibly difficult... as is the Red Hindu, and type 1 coupon... The T213-2 Cobb in this run is the 2nd highest graded example...

Luke did a really nice article about the run (posted earlier in this thread) if anyone has interest in more details about the assembling of the cards...

This has taken countless hours of online searches.. hunting at National card shows every year..... networking with other board members... I can say with 100% certainty without this forum I would have never
been able to complete this back run.. Thank you to everyone who assisted me.. and a special thanks to my close friends Chris, JV, Mike S, Ryan, Luke, Bryan L, Sonny and Sean C.

You are looking at 9 years of a mans collecting life below... I included a small picture so you can hopefully see all cards without scrolling.. and a larger image for better clarity on each cards condition...
All grades are listed above the cards in Red...

My hope one day is to have this displayed in the Hall of Fame for others to enjoy.... (if I would be lucky enough to have them consider displaying it)

I present the first ever complete Ty Cobb Red Portrait Tobacco Back Run...

Last edited by Blunder19; 09-10-2020 at 02:18 PM.