Thread: April pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Thanks everyone for the positive comments on my Birthday present. I am a very blessed man. My father continued a 47 year baseball card tradition by buying me a pretty1961 Tops Mantle.

My wife and I met at 16 and have been together ever since. 38 years have flown by... at least for me. She has heard about the 1971 Bucs since 1979. She is my best friend and knows me better than I do. I have been blessed to have such an amazing life partner. My oldest daughter works for Alaska Airlines for my birthday she gifted me the Japan USA and USA Puerto Rico WBC games in Los Angeles. The only thing I love more than the silly game of baseball is my family. I am of Mexican heritage and my wife's family comes from Japan. Diversity is terribly important in our life. The 1971 Pirates and the WBC reflect that perfectly.

Doug, I am working on purchasing my own birthday present as I type this. Nate Colbert? Sh!!!!t a yellow and brown uniform coupled with mutton chop side burns and August 1, 1972 he was the man! Nate could have been an extra in Shaft... You see this cat Nate is a bad mother...shut your mouth. But I'm talkin' about Nate (Then we can dig it). He should have been a Buc.

Hey Joey that's another amazing addition to your growing collection.
Thanks alot mike....btw thats a awesome story