View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Default Another Example of Why there should be restrictions on Private Auctions

Posted By: goudey guy

Trimmed cards always present moral conflicts within our hobby. Since so many people in our hobby have 100% motivation for $, and a very low % of interest in the cards themselves, your going to see a massive number of auctions every week for trimmed cards. Obviously, the seller should show some honor, and put the trimmed information in his description. Reality is that most do not. Now this doesn't really upset me because trimmed cards are a huge factor in the hobby, and as an informed collector, I can usually spot the difference. What I do find offesive is the sellers who repeatedly sell trimmed items that are not describing them as such, and therefore make it seem like they are the ones who are doing the trimming themselves. This is the type of seller that should be shot for defacing the "natural aging" of the card.

So if this seller seems to be one of those parasites that continually deal trimmed cards, I don't blame the author of this thread for getting ticked off. However, if they don't typically do this, or, the cards themselves are difficult to mark as trimmed, I'm not sure that the issue is that important.