View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:28 PM
Marc

Default Framing

I've been doing these myself (online), getting the frame, glass with UV protection and non-glare, and backing for about 1/4 of the cost of shops like Aaron Brothers. The place I use is called Frame Destination.

I like using the fake suede as backing, as it keeps the pennant from moving around. No need for tape, stitching, or anything else. The pennant will touch the glass... I know that some people have concerns about that. I've had to buy this type backing elsewhere (i.e., from Aaron Brothers), but then just use it in the frame that comes in the mail.

The Santa Clara pennant is 5 feet long, and the total cost to frame it was less than $300 (even with UV protection and anti-glare). It has more historical than monetary significance. Around 1915, the All Blacks rugby team traveled to the US and played a number of west coast teams (including Santa Clara). The All Blacks won the game and took the pennant. I purchased it from someone in New Zealand several years ago.

I think Aaron Brothers wanted about $800 to frame the Seals pennant. I was able to do it for about $200.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seals pennant.jpg (68.4 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg SCU large pennant.jpg (68.2 KB, 279 views)