View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Steven Finley

If you just want piece of mind for the ball you can list it on eBay for an absurd amount and do a PSA quick opinion online. It's not concrete, but a fair enough assessment without having to ship it. If you really want to sell the ball then I would go ahead and get a full authentication from JSA or PSA. Some people are comfortable enough with with their own eyes and the plausibility of the provenance, but the majority of buyers like the warmth of a good cert to allieviate their fears. Most major auction houses would love to have your piece and usually bring in one of the big authenticators prior to auction so you wouldn't have to ship it multiple times. REA, Goldin, and Heritage are some of the major players on the auction scene although I've had great customer experiences from or heard great things about smaller auctioneers like Sterling Sports and B&L Auctions (both run by reputable board members). I'm no expert but depending on the condition and crispness of your ball I'd put it in the low to mid four figures. With five tuitions to spread that amongst the family history of the ball might outweigh the monetary value return you recieve, but good luck no matter you decide. Welcome to the forum.