View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default What if the dream became reality? What would you do?

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I would definitely be torn, but I think my conscience would win out and I would opt for 3 or 4. I have a regular customer at my video store who knows that I like baseball and he had told me for years that he kept all his baseball cards from when he was a kid in a shoebox that he still had somewhere. I never really pressed him about it because a lot of people tell me they still have this or that and they never show me. Well about three months ago this guy came into the store with a shoebox filled with 1957-60 Topps cards that were in MINT condition. He told me that he would open a pack and put them straight in the box after he looked at them and that was that. When he went off to Viet Nam his mom didn't touch his room so she never threw any of his stuff out. He got back, got married and took his cards with him and they've been in storage ever since. I asked him what he wanted to do with them and he said he would sell them for the right price. I showed him what PSA 9 commons from 57-60 go for on Ebay and he was truly shocked. I showed him the PSA website and he went home and signed up for a PSA membership. He is getting them ready to send off to PSA as soon as his daughter gets married and then he's going to have me ebay them for him.