View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
I realize there is an extreme rarity concerning demmitt and o'hara, but we are talking about comparing the collectibility of 2 medicore players with ty cobb! Not to mention the astronomical difference in smr prices. A psa 8 green cobb has an smr of $48k and climbing( a recent one with bill g brought almost 70k!) while demmitt and o'hara check in with smr values of $27,500. What again were we trying to debate on this thread or another thread? swapping o'hara for cobb? i don't think so.
Kevin agree to a point, when is the last time you saw a PSA 8 or higher of Demmitt and O'Hara go off. Fire one of those up and watch the guys with PSA 8 higher sets light those cards up I think you will be surprised.

I put no faith in SMR's either folks are all about quoting SMR prices on the rise, but the same folks never point out when cards sell for half of what they sold for prior. Many high grade T206’s including Cobb Green in PSA 8 etc. have sold years later for half price or worse.

At the end of the day I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again these are worth what somebody is willing to pay you at the time of sale regardless of SMR or past auctions.

Cheers,

John