View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Default The difference between lucite holders and slabs

Posted By: Pennsylvania Ted

JK

You are obviously alluding to me as one of the two with "anti-grading views". Just get off my case....will you.
Because you really don't know me.

I simply brought out the fact that this FAKE Cobb would have been instantly recognized as a FAKE if Don (or
a dozen other bidders) would have realized that this Cobb does not exist with a Piedmont 150 back.

But, I don't expect everyone to know this. And, there was no-way Don could tell that the SGC slab had been
breached, by viewing the scan of it on his computer screen. He didn't realize this card was a problem until he
received it.

BARRY

There are several reasons why I don't trust these grading outfits and here is just one agregious example by
SGC that I posted in Don's Thread.....

"This isn't the 1st time an impossible front/back T206 HOFer has been in an SGC graded holder. The
more famous (or infamous) mistake was when they graded a Matty (portrait) with a RED HINDU back
several years ago. And, then SGC stood by this "card" saying it was legitimate......despite the fact
that T206 veteran collectors contacted SGC and challenged it."

Finally, I just received 20 - SGC graded T206's (I won on ebay) and the date (1909-1910-1911) is incorrect
on two of these card's labels. To many this is immaterial....to me it is important as it determines if I bid on it.