View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 09:50 PM
pete ullman

Cool stuff...but my memories are somewhat different. I was a similar collector as you were back from 92-95 ish...I was big into rare backed t206's.

In 92 I won 2 red hindu t206's at an armory auction in silver spring for $100 each...they were both exish.

Around the same time...92ish...I picked up my drum hofman for $37 from an unsuspecting dealer also at the armory but at a show in silver spring, md.

I remember the first time I saw a tolstoi back...I paid $70 for it because I had never seen 1 before.

I remember buying my first brown hindu at house of cards in wheaton, md for around $40.

I wasn't savvy enough to be looking for piedmont fact 42's back then but I'd guess they were everywhere...as well as scrap...since noone wanted em!

At a pennsylvania show around 92-94 I saw a bl460 for 400 that I passed on...way too much $$$$$.

I purchased my lenox from a guy off the prodigy message board for $250...it was an ex abbatichio. This guy was ill and said he had a lot of rare back but most were hof'ers and out of my price range.

I picked up a vg red hindu at a shop in cleveland...while applying for dental school...for $250.

I did not go to a ton of shows...but I received all the major hobby publications at the time...as well as maxwell capputo monthly auctions which were loaded with rare backs and occasionally proofs...those were the days!!!!!