View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 07:08 AM

Today's card is a 1999 Sports Illustrated Fabulous 40's hand numbered to the number of homers Canseco hit. Here is a picture of the regular embossed version and the hand numbered prismatic version.

This card caught my eye the first time I saw it quite a while ago on ebay and thought I would go for it if it was low enough ($10-15 range). It was such a nice/quirky looking card hand numbered card. The finish is beautiful, and the design work is so 90's.

Fleer made these cards with odd coloring on the close up picture, and squeezed/elongated that photo to fit on the right hand side. The design is certainly true to its time period. The fact that it is embossed is cool, too. They have like, a trillion things going on with this card. If anyone is a 90's inserts fan, this is right on the mark.

It ended up going for $60 or $70 which blew me out of the water. The last one went for $27.50 including shipping, which had 2 bids and was listed under the player Mark McGwire.

There are no hand numbered Fabulous 40's of anyone listed on ebay right now out of the 13 card set. I'm glad I was able to get my copy!