View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
J0n Fu.ld

Great of you to try to get all info to potential buyers. Not being clear with regard to rings is endemic to the hobby, at the auction houses, and even more so on the private market.

I watched last night as someone on Pawn Stars -acted- shocked when he "found out" his 'Ted Turner' Braves ring was not actually Ted Turner's ring. Wanted over 10k for a salesman sample. and he knew it was a sample. wanted to complete the transaction quick. He would have us believe that it never occured to him that Ted Turner would not need to hock his ring.

With regard to the auction houses (not private sellers who all have time to do their homework, and know what they are selling, and misrepresenting) I think the culprit is mostly a lack of information, and manpower. There are rings for players, players' family and friends, coaches, staff, salesman samples, more recent salesman samples, replacements, and intermixed are different sizes, configurations, metals, and stones. And this is for each single championship. And then there are charms, etc. Hard to sort through quickly. and with limited exception, the houses are being run largely on skeleton crews.

Right all the way with regard to more clarity needed here.

Theyre good guys at Hunt, just making an error here in not more fully listening to your wise counsel. The fact that theyre good guys means that you can publically disagree with them and not be a prohibited bidder.

As a side, I love your Bears ring, awesome - come in handy in a brawl! ouch!

Last edited by BigJJ; 01-15-2013 at 05:02 PM.