View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Sc.ott Ver.renti

This is one of my favorite pieces. I attended the 50th Anniversary of the HOF in 1989 with my Father. The day included the unveiling of the Lou Gehrig stamp, a parade, and an old timers game. I got this program that day, and had it "cancelled" at the Post Office. That winter I had Bob Feller sign it at a local show. Fast forward 19 years later, and in 2009 I decided to turn it into a TTM project. I actually thought I lost it at one point, when I sent it out to Whitey Herzog with donation. It never came back! I actually thought of writing him, and then one day I got a "return to sender" from the Post Office. Turns out there wasnt enough postage on it, even though I used one of those automated machines in the lobby. Ever since then, I have pretty much retired it from being in the mail (with the exception of a mail order or 2 for guys like Lasorda who dont do a lot of appearances). With the exception of Feller in 1990, and Sandberg last year, all sigs are TTM. I am hoping to add Molitor in person this summer.