View Single Post
Old 06-21-2002, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Default Question on pressing

Posted By: Dr.Koos

....back in the Medieval times, all the way through the Renaissance! So it must work to some extent on cards just the same!!! Personally, I'm all for pressing. Bench pressing, seated behind the neck presses, skull-crusher/lying tricep presses, etc. I would imagine that these exercises would build excellent arm strength applicable to pressing out the most beligerent and daunting of creases! The results are paradoxical however. The more force generated in pressing out a crease, the thinner, ergo the more visible, the layers of paper are pressed together. Pressing should be used gingerly, only on the most subtle of creases IF it is to be an 'undetectable' operation. As the Message Board Resident World Record holder in the "I've got more money thrown right out the friggin' (Friggin' used by permission of T-Bob) on Pro-Graded Vintage Restored cards Derby, I believe that Pressing, like any other alteration that changes the actual structure of the paper, SHOULD be divulged. Also, in all candor, the seller whose cards in question generated this thread has a total feedback of 9500 positive feedbacks and only 3 negatives!!! THE best record I've EVER seen on Ebay!!! How astronomically unlikely is it that he's wasting his time pressing $15.00 cards into $30.00 cards?