Thread: Team Bat Sets
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 01:10 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Default 27 Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphere and ash View Post
Here are the 1927 Yankees.
It's been 4 months since anyone has posted here, so I thought I'd chime in with a photo of my 1927 Pirates collection to go along with the amazing 27 Yankees collection posted here last year by Paul. So far, I have the regulars plus one part time player.

Going back to Dave's original post, I picked the Pirates from the 20's partly because bats from the 20's were relatively plentiful back when I started collecting thanks to the Louisville find in the early 90's.

The one that got away? and the one that is tough? Back in 1994, Art Jaffee of Leftfield Collectibles had a Grantham bat for sale, but he was asking $350 for it instead of the $250 he was asking for similar bats. He was unusually firm about the price because he said that Grantham was in the college football hall of fame. I was pretty sure that he was wrong about Grantham being in the football hall, so I thought I'd wait a couple of months and make another offer. Of course, Art sold that bat quickly, and I promised myself I'd buy the next one I saw. That was 25 years ago, and I'm still looking. For now, I have a store model Grantham that has an unusual length and knob, but I still, faithfully, keep looking for a solid pro model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27 Pirates bats .jpg (76.4 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg tuff stuff ad gg.jpg (83.3 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by Mark; 06-07-2019 at 02:25 PM.