View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 12:37 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

I have used BBCE many times so let me fully explain. For 1985 Donruss they charge $5 per box to wrap. Then there is shipping both ways. Last time I sent a package to them I had it back within a week - but it can take maybe 2-3 if they are busy. So for less than $15 per box this can be done with shipping included.

As far as value - unwrapped these sell for $60-100 per box.
Bbce wrapped they are 100-150.
Bbce fasc range from 120-150.

I would get them wrapped FASC then list them at 140 per box and over time they will all sell for maximum money. That’s how I figured my suggestion.

BBCE makes a huge difference in value - and FASC means 100% confidence that the item is unopened from Donruss in 1985 and the packs are all untouched. These are hard to sell raw especially Donruss because the packs are loose to begin with and I would be very nervous if I got them. Then you may have to deal with returns and after they leave you have no idea what happened to them while they were out of your sight. Sealed is absolutely the way to go with these especially while holding a sealed case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
That's a best offer listing. Just because 16 sold, doesn't mean they sold at that asking price. Those don't sell anywhere near that. In fact, they don't even fetch $200. Here is the last 1985 Donruss wax box BBCE FASC that actually SOLD on eBay. It brought $119.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Donrus...EAAOSwFoNcJpD0

Here's one that went UNSOLD at $145.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Donrus...p2047675.l2557

It would probably cost at least $20 a box to have BBCE wrap those and label them FASC., not even including shipping both ways. So if he can get $100/box selling them as-is, why would he want to spend all that money to get them wrapped only to sell them for $120?